1. What’s common amongst these songs “English tea” and “Good day sunshine”. Besides the fact that both are Paul McCartney songs. Hint: (1/2 pts) both were on this historical play list on Nov 12, 2005. What’s special about this play list.
- This was the first gig to be broadcasted live into space as a wake up call to the two members Bill McArthur and Valery Tokarev of the international space station live.
2. Which pop group named themselves after a fictional band from the novel "A Clockwork Orange"?
- Heaven 17
3. This brilliant artist was known to pour iced water over his head every time he wrote music.
- He wrote 9 symphonies, 6 concertos ( 5 piano, 1 violin), many sonatas and even one opera
4. What’s common between Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, and Kurt Cobain
- They all died at age 27
1. What was the capital of India during the British rule?
2. Which art gallery is named in honor of a sugar refiner who made it big after buying the patent on the manufacture of sugar cubes in 1872?
- Tate Gallery
3. In 1902, Lord Curzon visited it with the intention of filing a report on how it would best serve British interests. He went back with the opinion that it was a lifetime experience and that it would be heinous to interfere. But , a little later, the venerable engineer Sir M. Visveswaraiah scrawled the words “What a waste” in the visitor’s book. What location?
- Jog Falls
4. Collado Mediano is a town located in the Guadarrama mountains, 48 km north-west from Madrid. Which well -known top-ranked sportsperson , who has been conferred the Jameo do Oro, one of Spain’s highest civilian awards given to a foreigner, resides here?
- Vishwanathan Anand
1. At the global level, this record is held by th e Agricultural Bank of China unit at Naqu. In India, till recently, the record was held by the UTI bank unit at Thegi, but it is to be overshadowed soon by the Union Bank of India unit at Sherathang. What are we talking about?
- ATM at the highest altitude
2. One part of its name comes from the fact that it makes its home among the boundaries of fields and pastures. The other part comes from its habit of rooting for food like members of the pig family. The adjective “erinaceous” is derived from the Latin name for this animal. What animal?
3. This animal is known by a name derived from the Norwegian word for ‘destroying’. His name is an allusion to something that happens every four years, according to lore. What animal?
4. What’s common between orange, purple, silver, or month.
- There is no English word that rhymes with any of these words.
- film quotes
1. namma bengalooru - A Abnormal One Gum
2. Eleven plus two=Twelve plus one
3. Astronomers=Moon Starers
4. The Morse Code = Here Come Dots
5. Year Two Thousand = A year to shut down
6. Election results = Lies - let's recount
7. The Germans soldiers = Hitler's men are dogs
8. Jim Morrison = Mr. Mojo Risin
9. Two Goa Bloodsheds = godse oswald booth
10. Dormitory = Dirty Room